Sunday, March 20, 2011

Do less

My last-for-now spring break is just about officially over. And what have I done?

  • Whine a lot
  • Re-injure my bad knee
  • Not go to museums or do anything where significant walking was related due to said injury
  • Sleep. A LOT.
  • Barely finish my midterm paper due tomorrow at 1 because of I'm so anxious about needing to get an A I've been paralyzed, much less the other papers needed
  • Visit the doctor to be told I need to restart physical therapy because said knee is most likely dislocated and I need the physical therapist referral to see an ortho to determine if surgery is necessary and be reprimanded for still not having my blood-work done since I'm also, most likely anemic.
  • Finished this amazing book (and now looking for recommendations!)
  • Booked a vacation to DISNEYWORLD (!!!) with credit card rewards points fo'free (seeing as how I didn't have to spend money because I accumulated them since 2005)
You'd think the lack of mobility would propel me to be some kind of productive. Far from it. Sometimes a body-mind just has to rejuvenate so I'm giving myself until this evening to whine & sulk a bit more about my lack of doing anything exciting and tomorrow I'll be back on the grind.

Here's to letting yourself just be.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Sorry to hear about your knee and forthcoming doctor stuff. :( But hey, Disneyworld! That's worth getting the knee in order for, yes?

    I'll add your newly-finished book to my to-read list, since you say it is amazing. And I can probably hook you up with some recommendations... what sort of read are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Su Yes! Disney makes everything better, even if I have to hobble on crutches!

    And I hope you enjoy David Foster Wallace! When I read him I felt like he was inside my head.

    And thanks for offering recommendations...for the most part I stick to non-fictiony-life changing books (ex: omnivores dilemma, eat pray love, psychology/self-improvement, stabs at pop-culture a la bohemian manifesto) or beatnik type reads. I don't know if this makes sense. Overall I'd say I like to read things with happy endings, lol

    ReplyDelete