Friday, March 25, 2011

Quality worlds

I thought I had posted this yesterday but apparently not...

Anyway. As I was studying, I came across Glasser's "Choice Theory" modality. It's one of those theories that are so ridiculously obvious, you wonder why you weren't the one to put it into words first.

One of the basic concepts in Choice Theory is "Quality World" which is:
"Every one has a quality world that includes images that make up the life we'd like to have, including people, things, experiences, values... people are motivated by what is in their quality worlds, so they are more likely to find satisfaction in life if they are aware of what is in their quality worlds and if those things are attainable and meet their basic needs"
Duh!

It did get me thinking though. What is my "quality world"?
Family, best friends, Oliver, the beach, mountains, greenery, honesty, love, emotions...


What's your "quality world"?

0 comments:

Post a Comment