Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The language of love

You and Me Forever: 3/11
This is my cat Oliver Rupert. He is my baby. Yes, I am a crazy-young cat lady. Andrea snapped this flick this afternoon in one of our cuddly-moments. I adopted him from a shelter when he was a wee 8 weeks old when I was living in Orlando, FL during my first semester of undergrad at UCF. I was trying to get out of a bad relationship and thought buying a pet would be a good transition out.
13 in MacBook @ 8 wks, 12/05
I don't want to insult Oliver and compare him to a dog. In reality, he is more like a person. (I know this sounds crazy). Oliver "talks" (you know, his "meows" sound like he's saying "food" etc), understands, and listens: he is completely empathic and communicative. He runs to the door when he hears me coming home. He follows me from room to room. He LOVES cuddling. He opens doors with his massive paws by sliding them under the door and pulls it towards him. And he has asthma- so he snores and purrs like a maniac.

And me? I treat Oliver like a little person- because quite frankly he's big enough to be one! He's a Mainecoon, meaning he's a ginormous fluffball. When he is stretched out he reaches halfway up to my ribcage from the floor and is 18 lbs of fur. I bring him along on trips. I give him a bath every other week since he has so much fur and gets dreadlocks (like mother like son). 
Cat Naps- 12/05
Spoonin', 1/11
And apparently, we spoon. Jon caught this moment during an afternoon nap. Yes, I am proud to admit that I'm a crazy cat lady.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...he is really sweet. Love the pic of him on your Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW! I want one! I want one! I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a cute kitty. You're right-- cats are like people! And not always in a good way; we've taught them well. ;)

    I loved my cats growing up, but hubby is allergic so we can't have any in the house. Maybe someday when we have a backyard that the kitty can live in...

    ReplyDelete