Monday, February 21, 2011

optimal oasis

South Beach, Summer 2006
I'm a nature-oriented person. I may not hike mountains or go "real" camping. But I photosynthesize off greenery, thrive off of fresh air.

It's snowing outside. My body jumped awake when I sleepily opened one eye at 4:30 and noticed the white sheet covering the sky leaving a pinkish glow. I'm excited. For a minute I thought there wouldn't be any more snowfall this season. Especially in the city, snow helps remind me that it is a sentient culture, that we're not simply living in a robotic consumer-driven snow globe.

I need nature. To ogle, to feel breathing on my skin, to remember to be alive.
Three Mile Island, Harrisburg PA, 2008
PA Back roads, any-burg, PA, 2008
Miami Sunsets, 2005
Snow Stars,  Camp Hill, PA, 2007

"optimal oasis"

photosynthesis-like soul
sprawled amongst a netted bliss:

honest ground kisses deep roots
guiding branches towards the north,
panoramic perspective beams
glittery sunshine, blazing
kaleidoscopic patches against closed eyes.

masturbating senses marinate in
longing as serenity sedates
the current state of being.

4 comments:

  1. "Especially in the city, snow helps remind me that it is a sentient culture, that we're not simply living in a robotic consumer-driven snow globe."

    Oh, I love this. And couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete