Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Down the rabbit hole

"Be aware in everything you do. Let your every act be dynamic to your consciousness. To live automatically is to slip backward on your evolutionary climb toward perfect awareness."


How often do we go through the motions without even realize what we're doing? I know most mornings I fall into this trap during my commute. Only sometimes snapping out of it when I get elbowed on the train. Ohhhh the small glories of city life!


It's challenging though- always being aware, being present in the moments that you'd especially not want to be in. Sometimes I think that's a big chunk of it. You know, being too tired or frustrated of the same commute, the same tasks so you (I) just daze out to get there, somewhere some form of end. But the point should be to appreciate or at the very least acknowledge where you are in each moment- as mundane as it may seem.


Here's to appreciating being alive and actualize. And having the ability to pay attention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment