Friday, February 18, 2011

Wake up kids, you've got the dreamer disease

Ever since I can remember I have had serious sleeping problems. Bordering on insomniac tendencies.

For the most part my sleep patterns mimic my mood patterns. I'll go 1-2 weeks where all I think about is sleep. Once I hit the mattress (or couch) I instantly conk out until the next morning. My alarm tries its best to do its duty once the sunshine comes around but it's usually unsuccessful. The other half of the month I spend dreaming about dreaming. I may fall asleep easily but I wake up with this intense need to rise at 3-3:30 AM and am unable to sleep again till the sun rises. It's pretty annoying- particularly in the short days of winter

My point about disclosing this was to go on about how I'm a morning person. Even when I sleep 2-3 hours a night. There is nothing I enjoy more than starting my day while every one else is fuzzily comatose. The mornings excite me. Night comes around and my brain is tired, my eye lids droop, and the level of my whineyness hits maximum potential.

So I don't know why I keep trying to post at night. It sucks. I sit at the screen and wonder why I'm doing this to myself at this time of night. To hold true to my resolution! But forcing myself to write isn't doing much for my motivation. Not to mention the fact that I wanted to do this to improve writing, not just whine.

We'll see. We'll see.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you've signed up for the A to Z Challenge. I am your first follower, which surprises me. You've been posting for nearly 2 months with what appears to be good content. The challenge should help you get more followers and find new blogs that you like.

    You might want to start going thru the list of those who have signed up for A to Z and clicking on each link, follow that blog, leave a comment and let them now you are following their blog (sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask if they will follow you as well, but usually bloggers will reciprocate when you tell them that you are following).

    I would suggest by starting with the eight names at the top of my page (The A to Z Team). Say hello to each of them, follow them, and let them know you are a new blogger and you are looking for followers. Then continue down thru the Linky list.

    Be watching the blogs of the A to Z Team. We are going to be posting any special news or announcements about the Challenge and also articles to help you become a better blogger and to help make the Challenge easier.

    Good luck and I think you will enjoy the April Challenge.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, let me offer another tip. You might want to consider moving your follower button higher up the sidebar to make it more visible. Also adding the A to Z will make it more obvious that you are participating. If you add the badge let me know and I'll include your blog in one of my upcoming Thank You posts.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a modified morning person. What does that mean? It means it is not easy for me to peel myself out of bed, but once I am up, I am infinitely more productive in the morning hours. Once afternoon and evening roll around, I am pretty mellow and mushy. Not a good time to write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Arlee Bird
    Hi Lee, thanks for the tips! To be honest, I've been a bit weary of adding the "Follow" feature and I just stuck it on there. I'll be adding the badge and start commenting as soon as I have the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aidan Donnelley Rowley I really like the idea of "modified morning person"! It describes so many crabby risers' in a more relatable manner.

    ReplyDelete