Since the first month has now passed and I've made decent progress with said goals, I figured I could publish it without shame now. This week I'm going to try to actually formulate and fill out her "resolutions chart" that she shared to see if I can improve. Sticking to her outline, here they are:
What would make me happier?
- (a) Something good:
- Feel better about myself (incorporate self-esteem boosters)
- Focus & find my center and/or passion; enjoy more
- (b) Something bad:
- Complain/whine less!
- Stop/Lessen nagging!!
- Be less jealous & insecure
- (c) Fix something that doesn't feel right:
- "atmosphere of growth"
- learn new things, adjust beliefs, reframe things
- myself & my outlook
- relationship with Jonathan
What's a concrete action that would bring about change?
- (a) Stay active: physically, socially, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, professionally, chemically
- Blog to enforce writing--progress to NaNoWriMo
- Treat myself 1x/week if possible, at least 2x/mo (to anything)
- (b) Turn negative thoughts into neutral/positive ones via reframing
- Avoid being sneaky/slick/sly
- Stay honest
- (c) Try different things to see what works
- Go on 1-2 dates weekly, spend time apart
- Make "inspiration Board" to organize thoughts/ideas
- Record everything (to not forget!)
Am I a yes/no resolver? (Do I do things better with a positive/negative connotation?)
- Relatively equally motivated, depending on the situation.
- Definitely not absolutist!
Am I starting small enough?
How am I going to hold myself accountable?
- Record things
- Ask others for opinions & perspectives