Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"If you stay in one place long enough, you'll never go anywhere"

Let me start off by saying I am a bonafide sucker for LOLcats. They genuinely make me LOL, even if they're not particularly fantastically witty. Plus, I am a cat-lady and looking at cute kittens is a guaranteed serotonin booster.

But this is how I feel. It has been snowing and raining ALL day and supposedly there is a wintry mix now. Practically all of the schools in the tri-state area were either canceled or granted early dismissal. You would think that university classes would too, right?! That's probably just my own wishful thinking.

My indirect point is this: I need to relocate my motivational metabolism. I seem to have adapted the selfish philosophy, "I do what I want, when I want!". Obviously, not a good motto to live by nor very realistic. I need to figure out a reasonable drive to spark my initiative, surge my crusade. But what? I thought I knew what I wanted- for now, the short-term future. But apparently it isn't enough anymore. I'm here at the end of the line wondering what now. What will make me feel relatively happy and comfortable?

Definitely not trekking to class with this mess outside. That is for sure.

2 comments:

  1. As someone who spends a lot of time with university students who are much much younger than myself... it sounds like you may be ahead of the game. Cool. It's an awkward spot to be in, but it's an important step to start on! (I started to say "get through", but that's wishful thinking-- you'll probably be on this step for a while.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the motivation! I'm on boat with your wishful thinking though, I seem to have been on this step for the past year and a half!

    ReplyDelete